November 8, 2011

Zebra Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting

Ideas, ideas, ideas....... where do you find it when you need one ? LOL...... Guess 90% of us will say " internet " instead of old school method . So that was the method I used to search for some interesting cupcake recipe as I want to contribute more post to Aspiring Bakers #13. While browsing through for recipe , I stumble upon this zebra cake recipe. The look of it really makes me wanna try my hands on making this cake. So I was thinking it will be a great idea to make this into a cupcake .
Check out the beautiful look of the cupcake before even baking it in the oven. It looks to beautiful , but honestly I feel that the taste is no outstanding. Its a tasty cupcake overall, but not a crowd pleaser. I really love the look of the cupcake tho. ;) Well , try it then and share your comments here .
After some frosting , the cupcake turns into some cute little thing . When mom and my babies saw this cute little thing, they can resist reaching for one each . LOL ..............

Ingredients 
1cup     Granulated Sugar
4 large  Eggs
1cup     Milk
1cup     Vegetable Oil ( I use melted butter )
1tsp      Vanilla Extract
2cups   All Purpose Flour
2tsp     Baking Powder
1/4tsp  Salt
3tbsp   Cocoa Powder

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 175C . Spray cupcake liner generously to grease it or use foil cupcake liners 
  2. In a mixer bowl, blend sugar and egg until lightened, about 2 minutes . On low speed, blend in oil, milk and vanilla 
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to remove any lumps. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and sugar batter . On medium speed , beat for 1-2 minutes till no lumps 
  4. Scoop 2 cups of batter into a measuring jug. add in the cocoa powder . Mix well and sieve to remove any lumps 
  5. Spoon 1 teaspoon vanilla batter into the centre of the cupcake liner . Then spoon 1 teaspoon cocoa mixture into the centre of the vanilla batter. This will cause the vanilla batter to spread out 
  6. Continue to alternate batter , in bull-eye style till all batter is used
  7. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle turns out clean.
  8. Remove cupcake from the oven and let cool completely before frosting
Enjoy your Zebra Cupcake !!

Recipe adapted from Jeannette of The Whimsical Cupcake




I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes ! ( November 2011 ) hosted by Min of Min's Blog

6 comments:

  1. beautiful marbles effect, very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq , takes a lot of effort to do it tho. LOL... good way to tone my arm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look sooo yummyz!!! cheers tracy taw

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I originally commеnted I seеm to have clіcked the
    -Notify me ωhen new сomments are aԁԁeԁ- checkboх and fгom noω on eаch tіme a сοmment is аdded
    I гecіeѵe 4 emails with the exact same
    cοmment. Ρeгhapѕ there is an eaѕy method
    you cаn remove me from that servicе? Τhank yοu!


    my page: http://www.buynsellcarsforprofit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. just a fyi if you choose to use a different recipe for the cupcakes...learn from my mistake and make sure each batter is the same consistency. I used a chocolate cake recipe I love and a yellow recipe cake I love and too bad, the chocolate is watery and the yellow very thick. first batch were a mess, yellow with a few drips of chocolate thru-out. I thinned the one and thickened the other and layered as per instructions so finally they worked. I did put a tiny dot of yellow in the top chocolate so it was a little more striped. The instructions worked great though, I had seen cakes but never cupcakes and the granddaughter wanted them for a party.

    ReplyDelete