Fatboybakes for sharing his fabulous cake recipes.
200g Butter( softened)
150g Caster Sugar
125ml Lemon Juice
250g Plain Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Zest from 2 Lemons
Passion Fruit Curd Later
5 Egg Yolk
100g Caster Sugar
80g Butter ( diced into cubes )
Pulp from 3 Passion Fruits
3/4 Gelatine Powder ( mixed with 50ml water and cook until dissolved )
Pulp from 2 Passion Fruits ; Physallis Fruit
For Cake :
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 25cm X 35cm Swiss roll tin
- Place butter, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes in the microwave
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk together yoghurt and eggs , then add in melted butter mixture.
- Sift flour , baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and fold the flour mixture and lemon zest into the egg mixture to form a light, frothy batter
- Spread batter out to 2cm thick on Swiss roll tin ( don worry about excess batter ). Bake for 12 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean . Remove from oven and cool the cake in the tin.
For Passion Fruit Curd Layer :
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar until frothy
- Bring milk to boil and add the milk into the egg mixture a little at a time , whisking throughout. Return mixture to the pot and whisk over low heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter a few cubes at a time . Cover with cling film with the cling film touching the surface of the custard and set aside to cool
- Whisk passion fruit pulp and gelatine mixture into the cooled custard until combine
To assemble the cake :
- Use a 7cm ring mould to stamp out 12 little cake disc . 6 ring moulds needed or a removable muffin tray to assemble the small cakes
- Place a cake at the base of each ring mould . Divide 2/3 of the curd between cakes, then sandwich with another cake layer and top with the remaining curd
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight until set
To serve :
- Remove cake from the ring mould . Top with passion fruit pulp and physallis fruits and serve chilled. Enjoy your Chilled flavourful cake ;) !!
Recipe adapted from FLAVOURS magazine Featuring Cheng Yi aka Fatboybakes