November 23, 2011

Baileys Oh Baileys !!!

I have a bottle of Baileys sitting on my kitchen top . Whenever I sit down on my dining table , finishing my work on my lappy , I will see the bottle of Baileys sitting there on the kitchen top waiting for me . LOL.. I have the feeling that the Baileys is asking me to " try me on cupcake " kind of thingy. Heehee .... I have wanted to try making cupcakes with the Baileys since 2 weeks ago. Considering , my little ones might not appreciate Baileys cupcake , I have put my thoughts aside until last night when I suddenly have the urge to really smell Bailey all over my kitchen .
I was in doubt to follow the Cream cheese Frosting. I have then decided to make Bailey Buttercream Frosting instead of bailey Cream Cheese Frosting . Results : Satisfying !! It turn out to be a prefect match . Gosh , I didn't know that piping small tiny roses over the top of a medium size cupcake is really time consuming and believe me it is not an easy task at all. Heehee.... But, the results is really satisfying . I just love the sight of the frosted cupcakes .

Ingredients 
1 1/2cup     All Purpose Flour  ( sifted )
2 Eggs
1/2 cup      Unsalted Butter
1cup          Sugar ( I have lessen it to 1/2 cup )
1tsp           Vanilla Extract
4tsp           Baileys Cream
1tsp           Baking Powder
1/2tsp        Baking Soda
1/4cup       Milk

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line cupcake pan with liners 
  2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy 
  3. Add eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition 
  4. Beat in vanilla extract and Baileys 
  5. Add in flour, baking powder and baking soda to egg mixture 
  6. Add in milk and beat at low speed until all ingredients are well combine 
  7. Bake for 18-20 min at 175C until top are slightly brown or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean 
  8. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool . Once the cupcake has cool completely , decorate with frosting of any toppings of your preference 
Recipe adapted from Cookingetcetera





12 comments:

  1. hi abby, you really have great passion for baking. It seems like just yesterday or a day before i last dropped by here and you had several posts after that. Very nice decorated cupcakes, it's been long time since i last did piping using tips on cakes, i'm not really good at it.
    As for your question on the key lime cupcakes recipes, it's up to you. YOu can use the recipe that we provided ( it's on the sidebar on my blog ) or you can choose your own recipe. No problem!
    Another thing is that i would like to let you know is that it seems there's a slight problem pulling out your blog updates from my dashboard. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not there. Are you aware of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lena, tq for the compliment. This is my 4th time piping and frosting a cake. Heehee... I am kind of new with blogger . LOL . Now only I realise about my post on your dashboard. I dun seems to see it tho. I am trying to figure out how to add the list og blog I am following on my side bar .. Heehee.. I am dumb dumb LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your cupcakes look absolutely spectacular - what kind of tip are you using for the pink cupcakes? I love how they look like mini roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janine, thanx for stopping by. I can't recall the code of the tip now that I am in the office . Will get back to u a.s.a.p once I reach home and look at the tip .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby, your cupcakes look so beautiful! You must have spent a lot of time icing it... I don't think I have the patience! And your recipe came at a good time.. I need to finish the Baileys at home too! (:

    Cheers and take care!
    Jasline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi foodismylife , thanx for dropping by . It was really not easy to pipe that small little beauty . LOL.. Anyway , I will strongly recommend u to try out this recipe. Its really a very tasty cupcake. Happy baking yeah !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janine : the tips I use for this cupcake read as " 14 Korea " Small little tips . Cheers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks abby :) is it the wilton tip?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, may i know which recipe you use for the baileys buttercream? thanks :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete