The recipe looks pretty simple to make. Quickly in action ,LOL , I heat up my non-stick pan , lightly grease with cooking oil and started weighing the flour needed.
For the Filling
9tbsp Red Bean Paste ( for recipe get it here )
For the Crêpe
1 Large Egg
3/4cup Cold water
1/2cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 to 1/2cup Cooling Oil
- Beat the egg and cold water until thoroughly mix
- Sift flour in a mixing bowl . Add egg mixture to the flour and whisk till batter is smooth
- Heat up a non-stick pan , lightly greased with cooking oil. Add 3 tbsp of the batter in the pan and tilt to coat evenly .
- Once the crêpe is set, spread 2-3 tbsp of red bean paste on the crêpe forming a rectangular shape
- Gently fold in the outer edges of the crêpe to form a rectangular shape
- After folding and forming all crêpes into rectangular shape , semi-deep fry the crêpe in hot oil till crispy
- Dish up and let cool for 10 minutes
- Slice the crêpes into 4/6 bite-sized pieces and serve with fresh fruit or toasted sesame seed . Enjoy !!
Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh ( October 2011 ) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker