October 27, 2011

Chinese Steam Cake aka Ji Dan Gao

Each time I pay a visit to the Kueh Stall near my mom's house , I will definitely buy the Ji Dan Gao sold in the stall. Ji Dan Gao always have the attraction to make me want to eat it . Without knowing that Ji Dan Gao is so easy to make, I will travel the world  heehee not really , I will travel  to get to the stall , just to buy Ji Dan Gao . Gosh , imagine how much time I have wasted. LOL ...

Ingredients
160g   Self Raising Flour
150g   Castor Sugar
180g   Egg ( weigh with shell )
1/2 tbsp Ovalette
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence

Method

  • Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed for 7-8 minutes 
  • Pour into a 9" basket lined with baking paper 
  • Using an oiled knife , slice a cross sign on top of the batter 
  • Steam at high heat for 30 minutes . Voila you are ready to serve Ji Dan Gao ... Enjoy 

Recipe adapted from ReeseKitchen
Check out the fluffy texture of the Ji Dan Gao 

I have made this cupcake look alike Ji Dan Gao for Justin and Natalie's breakfast ....

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh ( October 2011 ) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your web site
    by accident, and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not happened
    earlier! I bookmarked it.

    Also visit my site - rockstar squeezepage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this blog.
    I am hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own site now ;)

    Feel free to visit my website; clinics for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I've been following your blog for a while now
    and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas!
    Just wanted to say keep up the good job!

    Visit my webpage ... criminal defense attorney free consultation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for some other wonderful article. Where else
    may anyone get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such information.

    Also visit my blog - ways to relieve stress

    ReplyDelete