All those flash back makes me really want try my hand on making my own chicken pie. Well as usual , I have always love making mini creations of everything. So I have decided to bake my very own MINI CHICKEN PIE. Gosh , hardly survive 30 minutes and its all gone... ;)
Don't believe it , well try it to believe it. Smells so good while baking too. Yummy !!!!
170g Plain Flour
2-3 tbsp of Cold Water
150g Chicken Breast [ cubed into bite sizes depending on own preference ]
2 Potato [ diced and fry till cooked ]
1 Big Onion [ diced ]
1 can Button Mushroom [ diced ]
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 cup Low Fat Milk
Pepper to taste
For Short Crust
- Sift Flour and rub in butter till resemble bread crumbs. Add in cold water one spoon at a time and gather with pastry cutter or finger tips till become soft dough. ( adjust the amount of water needed/ I added only 2 1/2 tbsp of cold water )
- Wrap dough with cling film and place in the fridge to chill for easier handling
- Heat up 1 tbsp of margerine in a wok and stir fry onion till cook and soft.
- Add in chicken meat and stir fry till chicken is cooked and turn slightly brown overall.
- Add in pre-cooked potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in Cream of Mushroom and milk . Stir continuously till all well combine over medium-low heat.
- Add pepper and simmer for further 5 minutes . Dish up and leave aside to cool.
- Remove dough from fridge to cool to room temperature
- Roll dough to the thickness of a 50 cts coin. Using a doughnut cutter, cut out a round shape 1 inch bigger than the pie mould
- Place the dough on the mould and press it lightly .
- Fill the pie with the pre-cooked chicken mushroom filling
- Roll out second dough to the thickness of a 50 cts and cut out round shape , use it as the top of the pie
- Using a sharp knife , cut 2 slits on the top [ to allow steam to escape during baking ] . Trim off all excess dough from the side of the pie mould. Use them to roll into decorative shape and place it on top of the pie.
- Brush the pie with egg whites
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 35-40 minutes , till the crust turn golden brown.
Enjoy your delicious yummy chicken pie !!!!!!!!