November 9, 2011

Coca-Cola Cupcake

I don't drink coca cola. The fact is , I can't drink coca cola, I really need to watch my waistline . :( .. But then Coca Cola cupcake seriously sound like and interesting one . Hmmmm.... I just can't resist this . So I have decided to try this recipe over the weekend since my nephew , Andrew was around visiting us over the weekend.
Anyway , this is my first time working my hands on fondant . It turn out to be pretty easy , shaping and rolling it . I kind of love the fondant rose, except that I was out of idea when I was making and shaping this fondant at 3.00 am in the morning . I ended up decorating this cupcake with a simple fondant shapes . ;)
See this , its fun and fuss free when you have your nephew helping up to take photos . LOL......Anyway , let get back to the recipe before you get bored ... heehee

Ingredients
2cups    Coca Cola ( do not use diet coke )
1cup     Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
120g     Unsalted Butter ( cut into 1inch pieces )
100g     Granulated Sugar ( Original recipe calls for 250g )
90g       Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar
240g     All Purpose Flour
1 1/4tsp  Baking Soda
1tsp       Salt
2large    Egg

Method 
  1. Preheat oven to 165C . Generously spray cupcake liners with cooking spray 
  2. In a small sauce pan , boil coca cola , cocoa powder and butter over medium heat until all butter melted. Add in sugar and whisk till all sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
  3. In a large bowl , whisk flour , baking soda and salt together 
  4. In another small bowl, whisk egg until just beaten . Slowly whisk the egg into the cooled coca cola mixture            
  5. Add the flour to the wet ingredients and gently fold in .Do not over mix. The batter might be a bit lumpy  by now 
  6. Fill the cupcake liner with batter till 3/4 full.Bake in preheated over for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan half way through the baking time 
  7. Transfer the cupcake to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting or decorating. Enjoy your yummy Coca Cola Cupcake !!!!
Recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. look very presentable.. & i am hungry now !!!! cheers tracy taw

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey babe, at last u get to travel around my blog eh . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gave me great quinces, and the recipe that I am not happy, I am very grabs! thank you in advance
    I board a good recipe already dealt a site like this couscous marocain
    modele cuisine
    Recette couscous

    ReplyDelete