November 15, 2011

Lemon Cupcake

I have some lemon lying in my fridge since 2 weeks ago. The scent of lemon has always been one of my favourite . Especially , Ryan, he is really one baby that loves lemon and anything made from lemon . It is truly a lovely sight to see him gnawing at my home-made lemon curd spread on a slice of gardenia bread . LOL . Whats more satisfying ? So then , the idea of baking lemon cupcake came to my mind just then.... The scent of lemon coming out from the oven while baking the cupcake.. Yummy
I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart's page and instantly fell in love with this recipe. I did twist the recipe a little bit tho. Since I have my lemon curd sitting in the fridge as I just made it yesterday , it seems like a perfect timing to make this cupcake.

Ingredients
3cups     All Purpose Flour
1tsp       Baking Powder
1/2tsp    Salt
240g      Butter
300g      Sugar ( original recipe calls for 400g )
4large     Eggs ( at room temperature )
3tbsp      Finely Grated Lemon Zest
2tbsp      Fresh Lemon Juice
1tsp        Pure Vanilla Extract
1cup       Milk / Buttermilk
Lemon Curd 

Method
  • Preheat oven to 165C . Line cupcake tray with cupcake liner 
  • Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
  • In a mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy 
  • Add in egg, one at a time, making sure that each well combine before adding another
  • Add in lemon zest and vanilla. Add in flour mixture in 3 batches alternating with milk and lemon juice , beating until just combine after each addition 
  • Fill 3/4 of each cupcake and bake at preheated oven at 165C for 25-30 minutes , until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean 
  • Remove cupcake and let it cool on a wire rack 
  • To finish , spread lemon curd in the middle of the cupcake and top with frosting to decorate . Yippee Enjoy your delicious cupcake !!!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart 




I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes ! ( November 2011 ) hosted by Min of Min's Blog

2 comments:

  1. i love lemon curd too. I've made them 2 times. Just like your son, i also like spreading them on bread and also on crackers. Lovely cupcakes you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lena, thanx for dropping by. I really love the lemon curd too. ;)

    ReplyDelete