November 5, 2011

Stir-fry Chinese Rice Cake

Back then , those years when I know nuts about cooking, that was 20 years back ... gheeee ... I am aging... anyway , that were those "nerdy" time of me , all in my pony tails and blue school uniform . Errrr...... that were the time when I will always looking forward for my mum to cook Stir-fry Chinese Rice Cake. In my memories , I can hardly find this rice cake selling in stores outside. It is truly a "so delicious " serving that you will never forget ... Well at least that was how I feel at that time ... heehee...
Now that is the interesting part of all. Even till now , I can still remember the taste of it , which has really push me to learn how to prepare this dish by my own. I happen to find a stall selling this dish 7 years back when I was still renting a house in USJ, Taipan area. Unfortunately , after a few months, the whole restaurant including the stall suddenly move out . I was really sad at that time ... hu hu hu hu hu .... there goes my favourite food. hu hu hu hu hu hu...... and fyi, back at that time, I was really lazy to cook since I was staying in a rented property . Heehee...
Yummy , yummy .... Well lets just cut the crap for now and get my ass back to the recipe...

Stir-fry Chinese Rice Cake 
Ingredients
1pckt    Chinese Dried Rice Cake
3 Chinese Black Mushroom ( cut into thin slices )
5tbsp    Crispy Fried Shallot
1/3cup  Dried Shrimps
2tbsp    Chopped Garlic
150g     Pork ( cut into cubes )
Corriander leaves ( keep some for garnishing )

Seasoning
3tbsp   Light Soya Sauce
3tbsp   Dark Soya Sauce
3tbsp   Oyster Sauce
2cup    Water

Method 
  • Soak dried rice cake for 24 hours before using. Wash and drain. 
  • Wash and pat dry dried shrimps . Heat up a non-stick pan on medium-low heat . Add in dried shrimps and stir-fry till dry before adding 2 tbsp of cooking oil . 
  • Fry dried shrimps till crispy and golden brown. Dish up and leave aside to cool 
  • In the same pan, stir fry mushroom over medium heat till cooked and add in 1/2 tbsp of light soya sauce . Stir-fry for furthrt 3 minutes. Remove from heat , dish up and leave aside to cool
  • Heat up a non-stick wok. Add 3tbsp cooking oil , pour in the chopped garlic and fry till garlic starts to turn golden brown. 
  • Add in pork , fry for another 5 minutes . Pour in drained rice cake and fry , stirring constantly . Add in seasoning except for water . Stir-fry for further 5 minutes . Add water and continuing stirring , making sure that each piece of rice cake is coated with the sauce . 
  • Stirring constantly till the sauce are thicken. Add in pre-fried dried shrimps, mushroom and corriander leaves . Stir for further 5 minutes 
  • Remove from heat . Dish up and garnish with crispy fried shallot and corriander leaves . Yummy !!!   Enjoy your Stir-fry Chinese Rice Cake ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment