November 18, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake- I actually stumble upon this recipe , quite some time ago. I bookmarked this recipe , wanted to try it out but time does not permit me to do so . I was flipping through some of my bookmark which reminds me about this cupcake . So I was thinking .. why not. The recipe looks good anyway .

Ingredients
225g    Self Raising Flour
150g    Golden Castor Sugar ( I substitute with white castor sugar )
Zest of 2 lemons
1tbsp    Toasted Poppy Seed
3          Eggs
100g    Natural Yogurt
175g    Butter , melted and cooled a little

Method
  • Preheat oven to 180C . Line cupcake tray with cupcake liner 
  • Mix flour, sugar, poppy seed and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl
  •  Beat the eggs into yogurt and add it to the dry ingredients with the melted butter 
  • Mix together with a wooden spoon or whisk until lump free 
  • Scoop to fill cupcake liners till 3/4 full 
  • Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes , till skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake 
  • Let it cool before frosting or serve it as it is . Enjoy your delicious cupcake !!
Recipe adapted from BBCgoodfood




No comments:

Post a Comment