6 Egg Yolks
2tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
1/3cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2cup Butter ( cut into big chunks )
- Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously.
- Scrap the side and the bottom , while stirring continuously till it thicken and are able to coat the back of a spoon, approximately 8-10 minutes
- Remove from heat , add in butter bit by bit, stirring continuously till all butter melted and well combine
- Spoon into and air-tight jar and cover with a cling film pressing to the surface of the curd to prevent from forming skin. Leave to cool before storing in the fridge for further use.
- Can be kept for 2-3 weeks
Recipe adapted from About.com, American Food with a twist