Thanks to Happyhomebaking which really gives me the inspiration to explore into baking .
150g Bread Flour
50g Cake Flour
15g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Instant Yeast
130g Warm Milk
15g Unsalted Butter ( Omit the salt if u using Salted Butter )
30g Butter , soften to room temperature
2 Cloves garlic ( finely chopped )
1 tsp Dried Parsely ( Optional )
- Preheat oven at 180C .
- Place bread flour, cake flour , instant yeast , castor sugar and salt into the mixing bowl of the mixer
- Attach a dough hook to the mixer and on low speed add in warm milk to form a dough . Run the mixer on 3rd speed for 5 minutes or until the dough no longer stick to the mixing bowl .
- Add in 15g of butter and knead by hand . You can use a scrapper to help with the kneading as this might be a messy job . Continue kneading by hand for another till all butter absorb into the dough.
- Place dough on a lightly flour surface and give the dough a good kneading to release the gluten . Continue kneading for another 7-8 minutes until the dough appear to be smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in the mixing bowl and cover it with cling wrap . Leave it to rise till double in volume . [ approximately 1 hour depending on the temperature ]
- Remove the dough and press out the trapped air while giving the dough a few light kneading on a lightly floured surface . Divide dough into 6 equal portion . Cover the dough with cling wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten each dough into round shape and roll up swiss roll style. Pinch the seams in shape. Roll the dough into a long oval shape .
- Place dough with seams side down on a lined baking tray. Loosely cover with a damn cloth or cling wrap and let it proof for 30 minutes
- Brush each dough with egg wash . Make a slit on each dough with a sharp knife and pipe the garlic filling on each slit.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 12-15 minutes . Remove from oven and let it cool on wire rack .
To prepare filling
- Mix butter chopped garlic and dried parsely to form a paste .
I do not have a bread machine so I have change the original method from using a bread machine to a mixer .Enjoy this delicious fluffy feather light garlic bun with a steaming hot cup of coffee !!!!!
Recipe adapted from HappyHomeBaking