August 23, 2011

BAKE HERBS CHICKEN WHOLE LEG

It was Sunday , a fine sunny Sunday . Always my favourite day to prepare meals for my very special friends and of course my family . I wanted to prepare a quick yet delicious lunch for Tracy ( my favourite babe) while I prepare for our dinner . I have the chicken whole leg in my mind. Yummy ............... I thawed 2 chicken whole leg in my microwave oven and works my pair of hands on it.


Ingredients

2 pcs     Chicken  Whole Leg (L shape chicken thigh and drumstick )
200g      Pork Belly
2tbsp     Oyster Sauce
1tbsp     Soya Sauce ( adjust to own taste)
1tbsp     Worcestershire Sauce ( adjust to own taste )
2tsp       Mixed Herbs
1tsp       Pepper
1tbsp     Honey ( for coating the chicken at final 5 minutes of baking )
1tsp       Fine Salt ( for sprinkling )


Method

  • Preheat oven at 220C. Lined roasting pan with aluminium foil .
  • Clean chicken and pat dry with kitchen towel. Using a sharp knife , cut 3 slits on the chicken whole leg.(I have cut the "L" shape thigh into 2 parts for easier cooking as I do not have a big roasting pan )
  • Clean the pork belly, pat dry and cut into bite sizes .
  • In a clean bowl, mix all the remainder ingredients except for salt , pepper and honey . Mix well . 
  • Rub the mixture on the chicken and pork. Remember to spare 2 tbsp of the sauce in the bowl for later use . 
  • Place the chicken thigh and pork on a lined roasting pan. Make sure to leave space between pieces . Sprinkle with pepper and salt .  
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes . Make sure to flip the chicken and pork half way thru baking. 
  • In the remainder bowl with sauce, add in honey and stir well. 
  • After 20 minutes , remove pan from oven , flip the chicken pieces with the skin facing up , coat the honey mixture on the chicken and pork . Place it into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes . 
  • Remove pan from oven , place chicken and pork on serving plates. Scoop all the gravy left in the roasting pan into a small sauce pan. 
  • Heat up the sauce till its gluey or optionally you can heat up the gravy and add in cornstarch mixture . Pour the gravy over on the meat and serve with side dishes . Enjoy your meal yeah!!!!!! 




3 comments: