August 23, 2011

BAKED GARLIC HERB PORK BELLY

Sometimes its so disturbing when I need to plan for dinner. It has to be a quick , simple dish as I have only 45 minutes to 1 hour ( maximum ) from preparing to cooking to serving it. Seriously not an easy task at all , when you need to have a different menu for every single dinner .

Recently I have learn to make full use of my oven to prepare part of my dinner dishes. I have always like Jamie Oliver's way of preparing food. Its so easy yet tasty . I was holding a strip of pork belly in my hand and was about to prepare last night's dinner . Doink...............I decided to use my oven again this time. 
 

Ingredients 

300g     Pork Belly ( with or without skin ) 
2 tbsp   Melted Butter
4 cloves Garlic ( chopped and mash finely ) 
1/2tsp   Dried Oregano 
1/2tsp   Dried Rosemary 
1/2tsp   Dried Basil ( or 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil ) 
1/2tsp   Salt 


Method 
  • Preheat oven to 225C and lined a roasting pan with aluminium foil . 
  • Rinse pork belly and chop into bite sizes ( you can opt not to chop it if u prepare this dish 1 1/2 hour before dinner time ) . Wash and pat dry . 
  • Combine all ingredients in a bowl . Rub the mixture into the pork belly covering all of the pork. 
  • Place meat onto roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes . Turn the meat and roast for further 20 minutes until meat is done. 
  • Serve immediately . Its a simple and yummy dish. Enjoy !!!!!!!
 
This is how much my 1 year old baby Ryan loves this simple yet juicy pork belly dish ... Enjoy !!!!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment