What's more salivating , drooling and .............. than having a piece of chilled Lemon Layer Cake made from homemade Lemon Curd ? For those who follow my blog frequently will know that I actually can't resist Lemon. I love lemon from the head to the very tiny roundy toe ... if there is such word. LOL. The lemon scent is simply yummy .
Lemon Layer Cake
I have adapted the cake recipe from Chef Alex Goh's recipe book Fruity Cake with some minor changes
Vanilla Sponge Cake
6 Large Eggs
100g Caster Sugar [ Original recipe calls for 180g ]
2tsp Pure Vanilla Extract [ Original recipe calls for 1/2 tsp ]
165g All Purpose Flour [ I used Cake Flour ]
100g Melted Butter
Lemon Curd [ get the recipe here ]
Lemon Buttercream / any frosting of your choice
1. Pre heat oven to 180C . Grease and line one 2 7" round pan with parchment paper
2. Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium high speed until light and fluffy
3. Fold in flour gently until all well combine . Pour in melted butter and mix well
4. Pour batter into 2 prepared pan and bake at 180C for 35 minutes . Remove from oven and take out to cool on wire rack immediately.
1. Cut each cake into 2 layer . Place one payer of cake at the base on the cake board .
2. Spread 1/3 cup of lemon curd evenly on the cake.
3. Top with another layer of cake and repeat the above process until all cake is finish. Chill cake in the fridge for 2 hours before frosting with lemon buttercream or any other frosting of your choice
Enjoy this yummy Lemon Layer Cake yeah !!!!
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #18: Layers of Love (April 2012) hosted by Sam of Sweet Samsations