April 26, 2012

Stir Fry Butter Squids with Ginger and Garlic .... and not one but 2 Awards

I seldom post about my cooking, not because I don't cook often, but its because everyone seems hungry and can't wait to sink their spoons and fork into the dish before I can even lift up my DSLR.. LOL.. Since I reach home early yesterday , I actually have some extra time to prepare dinner earlier and take a few shots of the dish.
This is actually a very simple yet tasty dish . It took me less than 20 minutes to get it ready to be serve on the dining table . Simply irresistible dish . Try it yourself and you'll know what I mean . I remember getting this recipe from one of my very old recipe book , but I can't quite remember which book .I am so used to preparing this dish , I can't quite remember the exact amount of sauces and ingredients needed . 

Stir Fry Butter Squids with Ginger and Garlic 
Ingredients 
300g   Squid [ own preference ] 
3cm    Ginger [ chop coarsely ] 
5pips  Garlic [ peel and chop coarsely ]  
Some chili padi [ optional ] 
Sauce
1tbsp  Light Soy Sauce
1tbsp  Oyster Sauce 
2tbps  Water 
1/2tsp Sugar 

Method 
1/   Clean the squid and cut into bite sizes . Blanch squid in boiling water , strain and set aside .
2/   In a medium bowl , mix all ingredients for sauce and stir well to mix.
3/   Heat up 2 tbsp butter / margerine in a non-stick pan. Add in chopped ginger, garlic and chili padi. Stir fry at medium heat till fragarant. Add in squid and stir fry for further 5 minutes 
4/   Add in the sauce and stir fry till well mix and simmer at medium low fire for another 3 minutes stirring constantly . Dish up and serve with rice . 

Enjoy your Stir Fry Butter Squid with Ginger and Garlic !!!!

The happiest moment for a new blogger like me is when we actually receive award from our blog buddies. I am so happy today to learn about the award . I am so happy and glad to receive this two award from Anuja of Simple Baking. It really brightens up my day . 

                                                                

                                                 

Rules for both the awards are :
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this Award and link them back.
2. Say some 5 random facts about you.
3. Spread the  joy by nominating other bloggers.
4. Convey the blogger about the nomination. 

Random facts about me :
1. I am always independent , thats me yay ;) 
2. I am a fussy person, as in I like to see my kitchen clean and neat . No one dares to mess with it ;) 
3. I am glad to be a mother of three 
4. I love books fiction, non-fiction, recipe books... u name it all 
5. I love to watch CSI , oh yeah very very much in love with that . 

I would like to share this award with my beloved blogger : 
1. Joyce of kitchen flavours
2. lena of frozen wings
4. Min of Min's Blog 

I enjoy and love reading all their post . Wish everyone a wonderful day ahead !!!


20 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,
    Your sotong looks so delicious! 300gm is not enough for my family! Me alone can sapu all that!
    Congratulations on your lovely awards and thank you for passing them on to me! I really appreciate it! Glad to know more about you, thought you have two kids, just realised you have three! Since you love books, then you must surely know about BookXcess!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Joyce , I am proud to pass it to you .... LOL

      Delete
  2. It's good to be fussy and neat.
    Me on the other hand, fail in this matter.
    :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy , its sometimes annoying when I starts wipe, wipe my counter top and keep mopping the floor while I am baking or cooking.... LOL

      Delete
  3. Abbygail, u know I din take dinner tonight is it? Then u sengaja masak sedap-sedap and post on the blog and make my air liuh meleleh.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YYY u need to cut down calories , u getting real round leh

      Delete
  4. I got hungry too looking at your post. Maybe I would be one of them to sink spoon and fork into the dish before you could take a shot. =)This one is on my list tonight =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq for dropping by raquel , if u ever try this dish , please drop a link on the comment section yeah . Tq so much ;)

      Delete
  5. thank you for passing the award to me, my dear!! you a mother of three? wow! you look like someone baru keluar dari sekolah!! not only your baking skills are excellent, your wok-king skills must be good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..... babe u always makes me kembang ... hahahaha... I wish I can have time to sharpen my skill leh .. ;)

      Delete
  6. I too like my kitchen neat but the boys mess it up everytime they cook! They will definitely love this sotong dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, tq for dropping by . This is a "must try " dish for sotong lovers ;)

      Delete
  7. Congratulation with your award! And thanks for giving it to me :D I'm very honored to receive it from you.

    I'm so glad to know you through baking and blogging and I really enjoy baking and cooking along with you.

    Like your nice and easy stir fry squid :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. The 192.168.l.254 are used by router brands such as Westell ADSL Modems, 3Com routers, Linksys switches, 2Wire routers, TP-Link routers Alcatel ADSL Modems, Thompson ADSL routers, ADSL billions routers, SRW2023 and others.

    ReplyDelete