For the Super Moist Chocolate Cake
1 cup Flour
1/2 cups Sugar ( Original recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar )
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2cup Buttermilk ( I used milk )
1 tsp Chocolate Emulco ( Original recipe calls for Vanilla Extract )
1/2 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 150C . Grease and flour two 5" round cake tin
- Place all the above ingredients except for boiling water into the mixer bowl. Beat at medium high speed for 1 minute
- Add boiling water into the mixture and continue beating until smooth and well combine
- Pour batter evenly into 2 cake tin
- Bake at preheated oven for 1hour or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Remove from oven and leave to cool before frosting
To assemble :
250g Blueberry Filling
250g Non Dairy Whip Topping ( Whip till stiff )
- Slice each cake into 2 horizontally to get 4 portion of cake . Place one cake on a cake board and spread 1/3cup of whip topping evenly on the cake.
- Scoop 2tbsp of blueberry filling on the cream and spread evenly . Cover the filling with another 1/3 cup of whip topping and spread evenly . Top with another cake.
- Repeat the above step till the 4th cake . Spread the whole cake evenly with Whip Topping and decorate . Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or over-night before serving .
Recipe ideas from Y3K CookBooks " Delicious Cake "
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #18: Layers of Love (April 2012) hosted by Sam of Sweet Samsations