Ransacking my fridge , I found some pandan leaf/ screwpine leaf . Suddenly I have urge to eat some simple pandan steam cake. So here we go ........................
10 Pandan leaf / Screwpine Leaf ( can subs with 1 tbsp pandan essence & 1/2 tsp green colouring )
250 ml Coconut Milk
250 g Self-Raising Flour
200 g Sugar
1pckt ENO ( small )
1/2 tsp Double Action Baking Powder
- Preheat steamer , prepare the paper cup / cupcake moulds for steaming
- Add coconut milk and pandan leaf to food blender and blend till leaf are shredded finely. Sieve the pulps and retain the coconut milk pandan mixture . Sieve again and pour it into a clean blender.
- Add in sugar , self-raising flour and double action baking powder into the coconut mixture .Blend till well combine .
- Open the blender cover and pour in the ENO pack and switch the blender on-off for 3 times ( on-off , on-off, on-off ).
- Lightly butter grease the cupcake mould, alternatively you can use a paper cupcake case .
- Pour the batter into the cupcake mould to 80% full and steam at high heat for 15-20 minutes ( depending on the size of your cupcake mould ) or until skewer comes out clean
- Remove from steamer and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving .