Indeed a real tasty lemon butter cake. I am totally amazed by the lemon taste which blend in so well with the rest of the ingredient. The only word to describe this cake ' Wonderful '...... lol.....
220g Castor Sugar
250g Self-Raising Flour
50ml Freshly Squeeze Orang Juice
1tbsp Lemon Juice
Grated Rind of 1 lemon
- Line and grease a 9" pan. Preheat oven to 170C .
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy . add in egg one at a time, making sure that batter is well mix after each addition
- Add grated lemon rind
- Fold in sifter flour alternating with orange juice and lemon juice . ( Start with flour and end with flour )
- Mix till well combine
- Pour into greased pan and bake at 170C for 45-50 minutes
- Remove cake from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and serve immediately