After eating the bread pizza, here come Justin, my eldest son asking for cake. OMG, he can really eat ...lol. So I decided to try this steam butter cake , which I have been tempted to try some time ago.
To my surprise, Justin love this cake as much as normal oven bake butter cake. I added some mixed peel and raisin which added extra flavour to the cake.
140g Sugar ( I dun like it too sweet / Original recipe cal for 150 g )
165g Self Raising Flour
2tsp Double Action Baking Powder
112g Evaporated Milk
1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat steamer . Sift flour and double action baking powder .
- Cream Butter and sugar till light and fluffy .
- Beat in egg one at a time until all well combined.
- Add in Vanilla Essence and mix well
- Fold in flour and milk alternately until well combine ( should start and end with flour )
- Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into 8" round pan. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Steam over high heat for 1 1/2 hour or until skewer comes out clean
I added 1 tsp of mixed peel and 1 tsp of raisin to the plain batter . I used a 9" pan and steam the cake for 45 minutes. I am lucky when I tested the cake the skewer comes out clean ;) . Scoop out 1/3 of the batter and add in 2 tsp cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp chocolate emulco. Mix well. Pour half of the plain batter into the pan . Then pour in the chocolate batter continue with the rest of the plain batter. Use a sharp knife and swirl around the batter .