To my surprise, the cake vanished from my eyesight without me realizing it . LOL....
100g Superfine Flour ( Mix with baking powder and sift together )
2 tsp Ovalette
2 tsp Double Action Baking Powder
40 ml Fresh Milk
40 ml Melted Butter ( or Corn Oil )
2 tsp Pandan esence ( I blender 14 pandan leaves and squeeze the juice )
1 tsp Green Colouring ( If using ready made Padan Flavour essence you need this colouring )
|Look at the soft fluffy texture of the cake ;)|
- Preheat the steamer and lightly greased a 8" round pan
- In a medium mixer bowl, add sugar , egg , pandan essence , colouring , ovalette , follow by the sifted flour . Beat at high speed for 8-9 minutes till fluffy
- Turn off the mixer. Slowly blend in the milk and melted butter using a spoon. Mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
- Wrap the cover of the steamer with a piece of cloth to avoid any water dropping on the batter . Steam at high heat for 30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remember to cool on wire rack before removing from pan. Serve immediately with your favourite cup of hot steaming tea.