I was sitting down by the dining table thinking what should i bake for my nephew , Andrew. He is one of my " loyal fans " that has never say " no" when it comes to trying my cooking and baking . heehee..................... So I have decided on a " not too dry " chocolate cake considering the weather and all . Seems that STEAM MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE will be the best choice for now.................
I have always love baking and cooking though I have not been lucky to enroll myself to any of the courses available no matter how much I would love to. I have to use my own skill and knowledge thru the web to try out each and every new recipe. As much as I try to avoid eating chocolate , I was amazed by the result of my" Steam Moist Chocolate Cake" .
Please forgive me for not having very good photos /photography skills. I am only equipped with my BB Torch 9800 as my current camera . heehee.................. Again I was too excited to try out the cake , I have actually forgotten to capture a picture of the whole cake before cutting a slice and trying it. It is just simply irresistibly yummy even without topping . Since I bake this at 3.00 am, I was too lazy to add any toppings . Well to my surprise , it turns out excellent even without extra glossy marvelous toppings......
185g Butter ( or Corn Oil )
180g Castor Sugar
200ml Evaporated Milk ( 1/2 can )
125g Plain flour ( I used Superfine Flour )
70g Cocoa powder ( I use Van Houten )
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Combine castor sugar, Evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over low heat until sugar dissolved and butter melted, take away from heat and keep warm.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs into the warm milk mixture and stir till well mix.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny).
- Greased a 9 inch baking pan
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and place the pans into the Preheated steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cold the cake in pan before removing from the pan. Voila the Steam Moist Chocolate Cake is ready for Topppings.
Chocolate Ganache ( I omitted this heehee )
250 g Cooking chocolate, chopped
25 g Butter
1/2 cup Whipping cream
Melt chopped chocolate over double boiler(at low heat), take away from heat, add in butter and whipping cream stir well mix, cool the Chocolate ganache a little before spreading on cake. (You can put it into the fridge for it harden faster to the right texture you like)
Recipe adapted from : bakingmum