I have been busy taking care of baby Ryan as he was down with fever for the past 1 week. Thank god , everything is over now. So here I am , I am back to cooking and baking again . Yippee!!!!
I have never like eating oat . The smell of oat does not attracts me at all. I was flipping through my recipe book when I found this Oatmeal Cupcake. I was telling myself, this might be a chance for me to really appreciate Oat.
It turn out to be a hit. Believe it or not , I have been baking more than 150 of this Oatmeal Cupcake within a week , and it just vanished from my eyesight within 20 minutes. Gosh , those kids really love Oatmeal Cupcakes eh .
200g Icing Sugar ( Original recipe calls for 240g of Icing Sugar )
260g Superfine Flour
30g Milk Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
90g Instant Oat ( Original recipe calls for 60g Instant Oat )
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Sift Superfine flour , Milk powder and baking powder. Set aside .
- Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy and fluffy
- Add in egg gradually and mix till smooth
- Turn to low speed, fold in flour slowly till well combine.
- Using a wooden spatula , stir in the instant oatmeal will well combine.
- Scoop into cupcake moulds till 2/3 full and top with oatmeal.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 20-25 minutes . Enjoy your cupcake...;)
Recipe adapted from CHARMING CUPCAKE RECIPE BOOK