September 5, 2011

TINY MINI SNOWSKIN MOONCAKES

Inspired truly by Happy Home Baking's Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treat [September 2011]  , I am ready to take up a new challenge : Making my very first Mooncake. Unbelievable , well believe it .

First I have to tug my baby to sleep before preparing for my first attempt to make Mooncake . So I was humming and patting Ryan to sleep on his playpen cum bed, telling him " baby , mama is gonna make u some delicious mooncake today . So be a good boy now , u go to sleep so mama can work on the mooncake " . Within minutes , Ryan fell asleep. Yippeee !!!!!!!!!!

Even my bunny can't resist it! Seriously Simply Delicious and yummy. The moment my darling , baby Ryan was awake, I immediately treat him a quarter of this pretty piece of snowskin mooncake. Upon tasting it , he so love the taste of the mooncake , to have him asking for more . Gosh.. seriously unbelievable ....
I am never a big fan of mooncake . You know how woman should watch their calories intake and all. I have to say , the snowskin mooncake won this time. Feeling guilty and sorry , I just can't resist eating another one after tasting 2 of it.



Snowskin Mini Mooncake 

Ingredients 

For the snowskin :
75g   Cooked Glutinous Rice Flour 
50g   Icing Sugar 
25g   Shortening 
90ml Cold Water 

For the Filling : 
300g   Pandan Lotus Paste
60g     Melon Seeds

Method 
  • Sieve glutinous rice flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl . Rub in shortening to form into crumbs. 
  • Add in cold water and knead a few times to form a smooth soft dough. 
  • Leave dough in the fridge for 15 minutes
  • Dived dough into 20g per piece and shape it into round balls .
  • Mix pandan lotus paste and melon seeds. Divide into 30g balls and set aside.
  • Flatten each dough and roll out into 3 mm thick or 5 cm in diameter 
  • Wrap the pandan paste filling with the flatten dough skin and seals the seams
  • Dust mooncake moulds [ small mooncake moulds of diameter 4 cm] . Place the wrapped dough into the mooncake mould and press the mould . Remove the mooncake from the mould . 
  • Chill the mooncake in the fridge and serve cold. 
  • Enjoy your delicious mini snowskin mooncake 

I adapted this recipe from Happy Home Baking 













6 comments:

  1. Not a fan of snow skin, thank you. Your filling looks really good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Arthur ;) , hint hint , I will know what to do on your next visit. ;)

      Delete
  2. where do you get cooked glutinous rice flour? I have never seen it before in the shops and supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there , you can actually get it in any bakery supply shop . Where are u located ? Its normally call " Ko fun"

      Delete
  3. replica bags karachi replica hermes n0i03s2t28 replica nappy bags this k7b50h7j27 gucci replica handbags replica bags canada replica bags in bangkok click o6u00k7d21 replica bags wholesale in divisoria

    ReplyDelete