First I have to tug my baby to sleep before preparing for my first attempt to make Mooncake . So I was humming and patting Ryan to sleep on his playpen cum bed, telling him " baby , mama is gonna make u some delicious mooncake today . So be a good boy now , u go to sleep so mama can work on the mooncake " . Within minutes , Ryan fell asleep. Yippeee !!!!!!!!!!
Snowskin Mini Mooncake
For the snowskin :
75g Cooked Glutinous Rice Flour
50g Icing Sugar
90ml Cold Water
For the Filling :
300g Pandan Lotus Paste
60g Melon Seeds
- Sieve glutinous rice flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl . Rub in shortening to form into crumbs.
- Add in cold water and knead a few times to form a smooth soft dough.
- Leave dough in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Dived dough into 20g per piece and shape it into round balls .
- Mix pandan lotus paste and melon seeds. Divide into 30g balls and set aside.
- Flatten each dough and roll out into 3 mm thick or 5 cm in diameter
- Wrap the pandan paste filling with the flatten dough skin and seals the seams
- Dust mooncake moulds [ small mooncake moulds of diameter 4 cm] . Place the wrapped dough into the mooncake mould and press the mould . Remove the mooncake from the mould .
- Chill the mooncake in the fridge and serve cold.
- Enjoy your delicious mini snowskin mooncake
I adapted this recipe from Happy Home Baking
"I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treat (September 2011) hosted by Happy Home Baking "