September 5, 2011

TINY MINI SNOWSKIN MOONCAKES

Inspired truly by Happy Home Baking's Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treat [September 2011]  , I am ready to take up a new challenge : Making my very first Mooncake. Unbelievable , well believe it .

First I have to tug my baby to sleep before preparing for my first attempt to make Mooncake . So I was humming and patting Ryan to sleep on his playpen cum bed, telling him " baby , mama is gonna make u some delicious mooncake today . So be a good boy now , u go to sleep so mama can work on the mooncake " . Within minutes , Ryan fell asleep. Yippeee !!!!!!!!!!

Even my bunny can't resist it! Seriously Simply Delicious and yummy. The moment my darling , baby Ryan was awake, I immediately treat him a quarter of this pretty piece of snowskin mooncake. Upon tasting it , he so love the taste of the mooncake , to have him asking for more . Gosh.. seriously unbelievable ....
I am never a big fan of mooncake . You know how woman should watch their calories intake and all. I have to say , the snowskin mooncake won this time. Feeling guilty and sorry , I just can't resist eating another one after tasting 2 of it.



Snowskin Mini Mooncake 

Ingredients 

For the snowskin :
75g   Cooked Glutinous Rice Flour 
50g   Icing Sugar 
25g   Shortening 
90ml Cold Water 

For the Filling : 
300g   Pandan Lotus Paste
60g     Melon Seeds

Method 
  • Sieve glutinous rice flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl . Rub in shortening to form into crumbs. 
  • Add in cold water and knead a few times to form a smooth soft dough. 
  • Leave dough in the fridge for 15 minutes
  • Dived dough into 20g per piece and shape it into round balls .
  • Mix pandan lotus paste and melon seeds. Divide into 30g balls and set aside.
  • Flatten each dough and roll out into 3 mm thick or 5 cm in diameter 
  • Wrap the pandan paste filling with the flatten dough skin and seals the seams
  • Dust mooncake moulds [ small mooncake moulds of diameter 4 cm] . Place the wrapped dough into the mooncake mould and press the mould . Remove the mooncake from the mould . 
  • Chill the mooncake in the fridge and serve cold. 
  • Enjoy your delicious mini snowskin mooncake 

I adapted this recipe from Happy Home Baking 













4 comments:

  1. Not a fan of snow skin, thank you. Your filling looks really good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Arthur ;) , hint hint , I will know what to do on your next visit. ;)

      Delete
  2. where do you get cooked glutinous rice flour? I have never seen it before in the shops and supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there , you can actually get it in any bakery supply shop . Where are u located ? Its normally call " Ko fun"

      Delete