Honestly , I really so love this recipe I dun think I will ever change my rendang recipe ever.
Special Chicken Rendang
1kg Chicken cut into desire size
2 pckt Kurma Spice [ Rempah kurma in small packet ] mix with 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Kerisik
1 cup Evaporated Milk [ Original recipe calls for coconut milk ]
A pinch of Salt
1tbsp Tamarind juice
2 Big Onion
5 pips Garlic
5 stalks Lemon Grass
1 1/2cm Ginger
1 1/2cm Galangal
15-20 Dried Chilli [ soak in water for 1/2 hour , drain and set aside ]
2 Kaffir Lime Leaf [ sliver ]
2 Fresh Tumeric Leaves [ sliver ]
1. Place all ingredients A into a blender and blend till become fine paste .
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to wok and saute the chili paste till fragrant
3. Add in kurma paste and continue to saute till fragrant
4. Add in the chicken pieces and continue stir frying at medium heat for about 2-3 minutes . Then add in 1/2
cup of water and leave to boil.
5. Once boil, add in evaporated milk and let it simmer at low heat for another 5 minutes
6. Season with soya sauce and sugar according to your own taste. Add in tamarind juice. Simmer for further
7. Stir in kerisik and stir fry till well combine
8. Lastly , add in kaffir lime leaves and fresh tumeric leaves and stir fry till thicken . Dish up and serve with
steaming hot white rice . Enjoy !!
Recipe adapted from Myresipi