I love the taste of this chicken pot pie with my home made substitute for heavy cream . I added capsicum , cherry tomato and fresh thyme which enhance the taste of the chicken pot pie .
Chicken Pot Pie by Donna Hay
200g Boneless chicken fillet, cut to bite size
1 Leek, sliced thinly ( I substitue with bombay onion )
1tbsp Olive oil
2tsp Herbs (sage, rosemary or thyme/ I use fresh thyme )
1 Potato, peeled and diced
1 2/3 cup Chicken stock
3tbsp Heavy/thickened cream
150g Frozen vegetables (I use fresh capsicum and cherry tomatoes )
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
250g Frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in fridge or at room temperature for about 1/2 to 1 hour
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oil in a pan and add leek. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add chicken, potato, herbs and chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes (with lid partially closed)
3. Add the frozen vegetables.
4. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken are cooked and potatoes are soft. Stir through the cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the filling into an ovenproof dish.
6. Dust the roller pin and surface with some flour. Cut a portion of the puff pastry.
7. Roll out the dough as thinly (about 1 to 3 mm). Cut out a piece of rolled puff pastry dough to cover the dish. Seal the edges with water.
8. Crimp the edges with a fork and poke holes (very gently) all over the top with a fork.
9. Brush egg all over the puff and bake at preheated oven at 200 C for 15 minutes , till puff pastry is puffy and golden brown .
Enjoy your delicious chicken pot pie !!!
Recipe adapted from noobcook
I am going to link this with "Cook Like A Star" blog-hop featuring Donna Hay as the celebrity for the month of March, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids. Please drop by Bake For Happy Kids for the full details and join in the blog-hop!