French Crêpe Batter [ please refer to my previous post for recipe ]
Store Bought Strawberry Jam [ warm in microwave ]
For the Crêpe
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, egg yolks, milk and unsalted butter into a blender or food processor until smooth . Then pour into a jug and let stand for 30 min. Just before cooking the crêpe , stir in 40g melted butter through the batter
- Heat a 18cm non-stick pan or crêpe pan over medium-high heat. Brush the pan with extra melted butter . Add enough batter to coat the base of the pan , swirl to cover , tip out excess batter
- Cook the crêpe for 45 sec then flip over to cook for another 30 seconds on the other side . Repeat with remaining batter to get 20 crêpe , stacking with baking paper in between. ( Crêpe can be made 2 days ahead , wrap in foil refrigerated )
- Lightly grease a 18cm springform pan. Place a crêpe in the springform pan and spread with a thin layer of filling ( do not be greedy to fill with too much filling as it will cause the cake to slip when eating )
- Continue layering with the rest of the crêpe , ending with a crêpe on top
- Cover the cake with an aluminium foil and chill for 1 hour
- Pre-heat oven to 180C .Place cake on a baking tray and heat gently for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before frosting
- Decorate with fresh strawberry or any decoration of your choice . Drizzle strawberry syrup or warm strawberry jam when serving . Enjoy your cake !!!
Crêpe recipe adapted from taste.com.au
I am joining Bake Along No. 14 which was organise by Frozen Wings , Kitchen Flavours and Bake for Happy Kids. Hop over to their blogs to view the list of participants . Enjoy !
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes ( December 2011 ) hosted by Hankerie