Vanilla Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
( Vanilla Whoopie Pies recipe adapted from Can You Stay for Dinner )
265 g All-purpose flour
1½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
120 g Butter, at room temperature
1 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
½ cup Buttermilk
2 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vinegar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 190C. Line baking tray with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour , baking powder and salt till well combine .
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy . Add egg and buttermilk , mix till well combine
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk , baking soda and vinegar .Stir into the above batter with a wooden
5. Add in flour mixture and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
6. Stir in Vanilla Extract and make sure there are no more lumps
7. Pipe batter on parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes .
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely .
9. Fill one side of the whoopie pies with peanut butter filling and top with another . Voila.... Enjoy !!!
For the Filling :
100g Cream Cheese , at room temperature
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
45g Butter , at room temperature
3-4 tbsp Milk
1. Beat cream cheese till smooth , add in peanut butter and butter . Continue beating till smooth .
2. Add in icing sugar gradually to reach your desired consistency . Add in milk if necessary .
Please hop over to other Bake Along buddies for more yummy Whoopie Pies . Enjoy yeah !!
I am submitting this post to Bake Along #31 : Whoopie Pies