RED VELVET CUPCAKE
1 stick Butter ( 113g )
3/4 cup Sugar ( original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cup )
2 ounces Red Food Colouring
2 tbsp Cocoa ( heaping )
1 cup Buttermilk
2 1/4 Cake Flour
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven at 175C. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar
- Add egg one at a time beating well after each addition
- In a small bowl , combine red food colouring and cocoa powder until fully dissolved
- Add the red food colouring mixture into the cream mixture .
- On low speed , add in flour and milk alternately, beginning with flour and ending with flour
- Add Vanilla extract and mix well
- Using a wooden spatula , blend the baking soda into the batter
- Scoop and fill cupcake liners till 2/3 full
- Bake at preheated oven at 175C for 25 minutes
Enjoy your Sexy Red Velvet Cupcake !!!!
Recipe adapted from MomsWhoThink.com
I am joining Bake Along No. 18 which is organise by Frozen Wings , Kitchen Flavours and Bake for Happy Kids. Hop over to their blogs to view the list of participants . Enjoy !